To work out the size of skip you’ll need, think about all the things you’ll be putting in there. Take a look at our Skip Hire page for information on how much each size of skip will hold. We find that it’s always best to get a larger skip than you first think you’ll need – they fill up quickly and this will save you having to empty the skip several times!

Our skips can be placed in most areas – if our trucks can reach the area then we can put your skip there. You can place a skip on your private property or the roadside. However, an important thing to remember is that if the skip isn’t on your private property, you may need a skip licence from the local council. We can give you more information about this when you hire your skip. If you’re worried about where to put a skip, why not give us a call on 01229 827046 and have a chat about it!

Skips are meant for non-hazardous waste. This means that anything like fridges, gas bottles or tyres can’t be disposed of in our skips. For hazardous waste, we offer a separate removal service. If you’re unsure about whether your waste is suitable for our skips, or want to know more about disposing of things like hazardous waste and fridges, then feel free to get in touch with us. We’re more than happy to help you and talk through what can be placed in our skips.

For the safety of people handling the skips, never fill a skip past its top. A good rule to go by is that if the pile inside the skip is higher than the skip wall, it should be levelled out and any excess removed from the skip. This excess can be put back in the skip once it’s been emptied.

We offer same delivery, so your skip could be on its way to you as soon as you’ve ordered it! Why not get in touch with us to see how fast we can get a skip to you.

No problem! Just get in touch with us, and we will happily talk to you about your project, discuss which skip may be suitable for your needs and we will of course answer any questions you have.

In order to put the skip on your drive you will need at least a 9 foot wide access for our wagon to be able to deliver the skip.

If the skip is going on council land, either the front or back street or any bit of land that isn’t privately owned then you will need a road permit from the council. We do this for you, they take 3 days to obtain so please bare this in mind when placing the order. They cost £35 and last for up to 28 days.

Whether the skip is going on your driveway, private land or on the road you can keep for the skip for up to 1 month.

Skips can be paid for over the phone by card at the time of booking or by giving cash or cheque to the driver. If your skip requires a road permit we would need the payment upfront in order the apply for the permit.

Waste management and skip hire in Barrow-In-Furness, South Lakes, Lancaster and the Furness Peninsula area.